Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Bad News

Wouldn't you know it. I scored an info session (which generally leads to an interview) with CPRail on the 25th of January. As luck would have it, for whatever reason, I started being violently ill in the wee hours of the the 25th. Worst case scenario. I vomited several times .. toilet, bathroom sink, shower, bed. Yip, it was awful. Around 8am, after a sleepness night, the nausea subsided and I drove the the info session that started at 8am. I pleaded with the folks to let me in as I told them my horrible sob story. Unfortunately, they have strict hiring practices and told me I was disqualified because I was late... no matter the reasons. BLAST!

Unbelievable. I can't honestly remember the last time I was so sick. I must have been a little kid. Luck is a funny thing sometimes. Looks like I'm going to have to pack even more BC into my life before I leave to run trains in somewhere without mountains. :(

By the way, I'm applying to work at Mountain Equipment Co-Op. I can't imagine a better place to learn about outdoorsy things and meet outdoorsy people.

Until next time, Internet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment